Provided by: Aparna Pophale, Quality Assurance Specialist
Many Software applications don't work well under different software/hardware
configurations. Compatibility testing can reduce customer service costs at
early stage of software development.
Creating Test Environments based on software product features could be the best
way to explore complex compatibility issues.
Compatibility testing plays an important role in making quality products.
Some of the helpful test criteria for compatibility testing are:
- Testing a software product on a different operating systems
- Testing a software product on a operating system with and without
installing service packs
- Testing backward compatibility of a software product
- Testing Web based applications on a different web browsers
- Testing product compatibility with different types of servers
- Testing device driver compatibility against different operating
- Testing database driver compatibility
Return to the tips page