FMS offers database recovery services to:
- Convert an ACCDE or MDE to an unencrypted ACCDB/MDB format
- Rescue data and other objects from a corrupt Access database
This service uses proprietary tools that are not available for resale. If successful, the recovered
database contains all your database objects, including VBA modules.
For ACCDE/MDE files, the modules do not have the original comments as comments are stripped out when the ACCDE/MDE file is created.
To engage our services, please follow these steps:
- Provide assurances that you are the legitimate owner of the database(s) we are asked to recover. We will not provide services to recover files owned by someone else.
- Pay a non-refundable $500 fee for us to perform an assessment to see if the database is recoverable. Not all databases are recoverable but we can determine this within a day
after your work is scheduled.
- Provide us with your database(s) to recover.
- If there are external dependencies (ActiveX controls, embedded programs, etc.), please let us know. We may not be able to replicate your exact environment which may impact your
forms and reports that depend on these. If that's the case, you may need to fix these in your environment after we recover your database.
- If we can recover your database, we will provide a cost and schedule for doing so. Generally, the cost is $3,000 to $5,000 per database to be delivered within a week. Less if there
is more than one database sharing similar issues.
The recovered database(s) behave similar to the original database(s). Our recovery service does not include enhancements to address any problems within your databases. Our consulting team
can provide an assessment and implement enhancements for an additional fee.