Compare and Find Differences Between Microsoft Access Macros (including
Total Access Detective performs detailed comparisons between two
macros to reveal exactly what's different. Compare two macros in
one database or identically named macros in two databases
(MDB, ADP, or ACCDB formats).
Total Access Detective makes it easy to find changes to your macros:
- Macro property differences (description, last updated, etc.)
- Macros line difference for the main macro
- Sub Macro names that exist in one macro and not in the other
- Macros line differences for identically named sub macros
Embedded macros on forms and reports are compared when the
form/report is compared. Embedded macros for the same event on
identically named controls are compared.
Macro Comparison Results
Blocks of macro line differences are shown. For two database
comparisons, all the identically named macros are compared and their
Example of Different Macro Line Commands
Reports for Macro Differences
Reports are available for:
- Macro Line Differences
- Printouts of All Lines for Each Macro
- Macro Property Differences
Reports can be printed, previewed, opened in Report View, or
exported to a variety of formats such as PDF, HTML, text, etc.